Have fun at work and heres why
Workplaces are known to be dry and professional for eternity and you keep hearing “ we take our business seriously” from all the businesses all over the world. Does that mean a workplace where nobody smiles? Where almost everything is mechanical and “not so human”, where people only eat, breathe and talk “Business”. In my classic sense, it sounds like that (and many un-smart business workplaces try implementing the weird concept, with negative productivity value). A recent shift in business productivity practices has taken a completely new approach towards making their workplace “fun” and the results have been amazing in terms of enhanced productivity.
How does “fun at workplace” contributes to productivity:
Here in this article, we not out to prove that stereotypical “serious workplaces” are non productive or dressing up like Halloween night at work place would mean “a fun workplace”. The article is written with an intention to introduce you to the benefits of having team fun at a Gold Coast workplace and how it can add to the productivity potential of your employees in Gold Coast.
Most Gold Coast HR experts and workplace happiness specialists now believe that workplace environment has a great influence on the performance of the employees. It is solely for this reason that most mega corporations (and even smaller businesses) now attach so much importance to designing the interiors, choosing the right color schemes and providing the comfortable workplace environments to ensure that employees have fun at work in Gold Coast. It may be just adding in a few festive colours to the settings from time to time (like on Easter or Christmas) or simply asking your employees to wear some specific colours on some days of a week or better still allowing them casual wear once in a while. As a boss you can crack a small joke or pass a humorous comment once in a while (or even daily) to lighten up the stressful working environment.
Why you should have a Fun workplace?
To some of the stiff neck run of the mill managers, this may come as a surprise, but there are definite advantages of fun at work in Gold Coast. Here are just a few of them:
- Your workplace would become more welcoming for anyone visiting or the fresh employees joining you
- Workplace happiness specialists believe that fun workplaces are less stressful and employees enjoy working in such environments
- The meetings and planning/evaluation sessions in such environments are more productive, subjective, interesting and far less boring
- It brings out the originality in each employee that adds to creativity and innovation. Artificial behaviors result in effects to the contrary
- The workplace team knits well, get along in a better manner and there is an atmosphere of mutual learning that is generated as a byproduct
- Fun place means open expression and better communications at all levels of hierarchy. These are some of the cardinal effects that every business seek for enhanced productivity