Who said starting a small business was easy? In this day and age, there are so many p’s and q’s, dotting the i’s and lower-case j’s and crossing the t’s, that could make your mind explode. Small business operations is no exception and one particular headache facing business owners is Human Resources. Human Resources can be one of the trickiest aspects of running a small business. Employees are usually a major cost center and turnover can adversely affect profits, as well as the company’s reputation. Our Small Business HR rescue Kit can help.
Hiring a Human Resources or Industrial relations Consultant can sometimes be the thing that separates a startup from a more stable business. HR/ IR professionals help take over several aspects of the business that can be crucial to maintaining company culture – hiring processes, legal compliance, payroll and employee relations. BUT not all business owners will feel the need to hire a human resources professional and that is why we have created the Small Business HR Rescue Kit. This is a comprehensive eBook with policies and templates that you can use in your business.
Small Business HR Rescue Kit Content include’s
- Fair Work – ease some fear
- Top 10 Communication Skill
- Absence Management
- Developing a Progressive Disciplinary Procedure
- Legal Risks of Dismissing an Employee for Absenteeism
- Performance Manage with Ease
- What is the difference between poor performance and misconduct?
- The Performance Improvement Plan
Legalities – Getting It Right
- Employers Rights and Responsibilities.
- National Employment Standards.
- Managerial Prerogative.
- What Is Procedural Fairness.
- Employee Absenteeism and your Obligations under Employment Law.
- What Happens If an Employee Resigns Without Notice?
- Abandonment of Employment
- Can A Casual Claim Unfair Dismissal?.
- Changing Regular Rosters or Ordinary Hour of Work.
- Non-Work-Related Illnesses/Injuries – What Are Your Rights?
- Can I Extend an Employee ’s Probationary Period?
Bonus Documents – Policies and Procedures
- Attendance and Absenteeism.
- Code of Conduct
- Conduct at Work Related Events.
- Professional and Personal Relationships at Work.
- Leave Without Pay Policy.
- Personal Grooming.
A Final Thought – Small business owners generally don’t have a lot of room for error, and managing Human Resources on their own can lead to costly mistakes. Fortunately, Fresh HR Insights can help small businesses stay out of trouble. Here are five tips that can help make a big difference:
- Establish an employee handbook
- Be prepared to help new employees hit the ground running
- Stay on top of employment legislation
- Hire the best talent
- Bring in professional partners when you need them
A strong HR understanding, as well as smart recruiting, policy implementation and training, can help put small businesses on the path toward continued success. If you need help with your Human Resources and Industrial Relations then drop us an email at [email protected] or book in a time with us using this LINK HERE for new consultations the first 30-minutes is FREE. You can also use our contact form to connect with us.